Since I'm new to blogging and don't have many readers yet, I was thinking it could be fun to write a bit about myself, and maybe you could write a comment with your name, a bit about yourself, and your blog URL. I would really love to get to know you all! Here are ten random things about myself:
1. I was born in the same town I'm still living in. Although I'm very comfortable here, I plan on moving to California once Joe and I are married. I feel like I need to get out and see a bit more than just this town.
2. I absolutely love country music. Old, new, I love it all. I usually prefer to listen to it when I'm alone driving or cleaning the house because Joe hates it, but he's usually nice and doesn't complain too much if it's on around him :)
3. I have changed so much just since high school. I remember so many things I thought and believed in back then, and now I'm so different. I didn't ever want to get married, I hated the idea of tattoos, I was blonde, I was pretty religious, and only ever wore tee shirts and converse. Now, just out of high school three years I'm a completely different person. I think being around different people and not letting others' influence me so much, I've really come into my own and discovered who I really am. I feel more confident about myself now too.
4. I love writing. I have quite a bit of things I've written but am way to insecure to ever show anyone. It even took a lot for me to write in this space and be public. I'm getting better though!
5. I really want a pen pal but have no idea how to find one!
6. I'm extremely organized. I always need things to be set up a perfect way and know where everything is at all times. I can't stand clutter. Joe always calls me Monica (from Friends) because of that.
7. My dog Nicole is named after Nicole Richie. Embarrassing, I know. But I got her when I was thirteen and was obsessed with The Simple Life. My sister even named her dog Paris. By the time I realized how ridiculous it was, it was too late to change it. So now I usually just call her Nic.
9. I love taking photos. I am constantly snapping photos on my iPhone, and I usually am carrying around my DSLR, a film camera, an instant camera, and a video camera. Just in case ;) I get overwhelmed at time on keeping them all organized.
10. I wear dresses as often as possible. I pretty much only feel comfortable in dresses. I will wear jeans if it's cold out, but one of the reasons I love Spring and Summer so much is my freedom to be able to throw on a dress every day and not have to worry about being cold.
So what about you? Tell me a bit about yourself! I look forward to hearing from you!