I'm going to completely be a typical girl for a minute and just say it: I LOVE FALL! I get the best feeling inside when I can feel fall drawing near. Gorgeous changing trees, which our town is famous for, cooler weather, seeing Halloween decorations in stores, and just the excitement for all the fun things coming up. Although, I will admit, I have been guilty of saying these sort of things about every season, but I think everyone can agree Fall is such a special time of the year for so many reasons. Below I compiled a list of things I want to make sure I do this Fall, and you all probably should do too!
- Go to our local pumpkin patch. Joe and I went last year (as shown above) and had such a fun time. It really gets you into the Autumn mood. The weather was crisp and cool, but the sun was still shining bright, so it was really nice! We took advantage of all the fun little things to do there, hay ride, corn maze, petting zoo, and of course picking out a pumpkin!
- Eat a carmel apple. Last year there was a booth downtown selling candy apples and we couldn't pass by without buying one. We chose a carmel dipped apple covered in Recess Pieces, and seriously, it was the best thing my mouth ever tasted. I cannot wait to have another one this year!
- Buy a fall-sceneted candle. Ok, actually, I already did this one. I walked into Bath and Body Works today because their huge pumpkin display got my attention. I ended up choosing a candle called "Sweater Weather" which is AMAZING. I can't wait to light it and get our whole house smelling like Fall, maybe I will tomorrow!
- Bake a pie. Or two. Maybe three. Gosh I love pie! Last year Joe and I thought it would be fun to bake a completely home-made pumpkin pie together, not expecting it to turn out very well. And surprisingly, it came out pretty perfect! It was so delicious, and even better knowing we made it together and had so much fun doing it. I want to try a few different recipes this year, so if you know of any good ones, pie or anything else, please let me know!
- Go to a haunted house. We have been talking about visiting one in Chandler called Fear Farm. I chickened out last year so we didn't go, but I may be able to be brave enough to go this year. I'm not going to make any promises though!
- Go shopping for cooler weather clothes. A few things I'm loving right now are these boots, this sweater(in green and gold), and these tights.
What about you? What are your fall plans for this year?